Three part series introducing
Visceral, Neural and Vascular Manipulation
Part II: Yang Ming/Tai Yin
Joanna Flores, L.Ac., M.Ac.O.M., Dipl. ABT (NCCAOM),Visceral
Manipulation Certified Therapist
Joanna is a licensed practitioner of Oriental medicine, specializing in manual therapy and is the Co-owner of the multi-practitioner and multidiscipline clinic Groundspring Healing Center, Joanna has been a teacher assistant with the Barral Institute; West Palm Beach FL, from 2013-2017, where she assists with visceral and neural manipulation during lab portions.
Introduction to Visceral, Neural,
and Vascular Manipulation
1. Increase acupuncturists’ understanding of TCM and 5 Element theories through palpation and identification of organ specific connective tissue, neural components, and vasculature.
2. Course participants will increase palpation skills, and identify restricted ligaments, nerves and arteries.
3. Apply TCM theory to palpation findings to further validate TCM theory. Structural assessments including gait, posture, joint range of motion will be performed.
4. Demonstration of visceral, neural, and vascular manipulation on course participants with pre/post pulse diagnoses and posture analysis.
5. Introduce resources for learning visceral manipulation, referral networks, and how to work with PT’s doing visceral/neural/vascular work.
6. General guidelines to recognize problematic tissue: organ, neural, vascular, ligamentous